Friday Welcome Reception
Celebrate with us at the welcome reception on Friday night. Attendance is open to all registered attendees. The reception will cover information on the current convention as well as news for future events.
The event includes an optional all-you-can-eat pasta buffet. Pre-order tickets are available at our online store for the buffet: $13 for adults, $9 for children under 12. Price is $20 for adults and $15 for children under 12 at the door while supplies last. While in the past the buffet was included, we’re trying our hardest not to raise overall attendance prices. In order to do so, we’ve found it necessary to add a fee for the meal portion of the event.
If you can’t make it, be sure to check for a recording of the event on our Facebook page.
We are now only be accepting gaming related items. Please no magazines, comics, PC games, VHS tapes, and no novels except complete multi-book series. Our goal is to have a reasonably quick, fun auction for your enjoyment!
- Fill out one Auction Slip slips per item
- Please fill in the SELLER (your name), ITEM (the thing you are auctioning), and MIN BID sections. Be as descriptive as possible in the ITEM description. Your item may not be the only one of its type in the auction. The remainder of the sections will be completed by MEPACON staff.
- Attach the slip to the item(s) it is describing. We suggest rubber bands or post-it adhesive.
- Give the item(s) and the slip(s) to MEPACON staff.
Once again we will be holding a silent auction. All money raised will go to charity. Items will be available for viewing and bid on Saturday from noon until 7:15 p.m.
- To participate in the auction, fill out your name, cell number and your bid amount on the paper next to the item. There will be one bidding sheet for each item available. You must bid at least $1 higher than the previous bid in one dollar increments.
- Last bid must be in by 7:15. The winning bid will be circled and winners can pick up their items at 7:30 with other auction items. If you do not pick up your item by 8:00 p.m., the item will go to the next highest bidder.
Play to Win
Mepacon features dozens of games at our Play to Win section. Attendees can choose any game from the table. After finishing the game, they write their name and phone number on the sign up sheet inside. On Sunday, staff will choose one random player to win the copy of the game. Learn more at our Play to Win page.
The Mepacon games library includes over 100 games ranging from short, two-players to epic cooperatives. If you’re looking for a game to fill in time or missed a gaming slot, you can stop by the game library. Just sign out the game and ask staff for an assigned table. Staff and volunteers are also available to help teach games.
This year’s theme is “Ancient Civilizations”. Attendees in costume should report to the Registration desk to get their picture taken. Contest entries must be related to the convention theme and will be voted upon by a panel of judges. There are two categories: Children (16 years of age & under) and Adults (17+). Winners receive a free convention t-shirt!
The coloring corner is specially designed for kids and those young at heart. A table in the main game area has been set aside. Coloring books, sheets, crayons, markers and pencils will all be provided. Participants can even enter for a chance to win the coloring contest!
Be sure to bring in all your best painted miniatures for the contest. Price is $1 per entry. Categories include: Under age 15, Small Fantasy, Large Fantasy, Small Sci-fi, Large Sci-fi, and Diorama/Unit. The diorama/unit must have a base to qualify. There must be a minimum of 3 miniatures entered in each contest in order for a winner to be chosen. Winners will receive a gift voucher from one of our vendors.